Thursday, October 25, 2012

An excerpt from my new historical fiction book about the electric chair in Sing-Sing prison from 1889 to present day:

From my first victim, a burly man by the name of Slocum, to my last - I never forgot a face.  The smell of electrified flesh, burning hair, low groans and high-pitched squealing, the sudden and forceful evacuation of the bladder and bowels, the violent shuddering – I remember them all.  Securing them by my leather straps at the ankles and the wrists, each person knew sitting in my lap, it would be the last seat they ever took.  It was then that I knew the thankless job of killing would become my charter.  Since then, I never enjoyed stealing a life, but it was my job.  I was built to kill.  Like a lion weeding out the weakness of the heard - my duty was to cleanse the world of the disturbed, the criminally insane, and those who simply could not cope.  I am “The Chair.”


- The Chair, MJ Mancini

No comments:

Post a Comment